Church Council have taken the decision to cancel all High Cross activities until further notice.
This includes all church services and social groups, including those that meet offsite.
Above all at this time, please stay connected with God through Bible Study and prayer.
During this time, daily devotions will be available on the URC website, as well as a Sunday service.
There is also some great Worship@Home resources on the ROOTS website.
I also encourage you to tune into Songs of Praise and Sunday Worship on Radio 4.
With prayers and much love at this trying time,
Our regular Sunday services
9.00am: A contemplative, traditional service of Hymns, Bible Readings, Sermon and Holy Communion (no communion on 1st Sunday). This is held in the Chapel on the ground floor.
10.30am: Morning Service where all-ages are catered for and a variety of music styles used. Holy Communion is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of every month. These services are held in the Sanctuary on the first floor. There is lift access.
The Sunday Morning Zone has four groups for children and young people of all ages.
What to expect at our Sunday services
Each Sunday the High Cross Community meets for corporate worship that equips us for our daily worship throughout the week ahead. Whilst content will differ each week we are always seeking:
- To praise God together in word and music
- To pray to God together for His world and His creation
- To encourage each other in our faith
- To have Bible-based sermons
- To remember we are saved through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as we celebrate Holy Communion
Our worship styles
Our services have a relaxed formality about them and the content varies according to the worship leader.
At 9.00am our worship is led by one of our organists.
At 10.30am we use our organists and choir plus a singing group with other instruments as available. We aim to begin with lively contemporary hymns and songs and gently move to more traditional hymns later in the service.
Our 9.00am service lasts around 50 minutes and our 10.30am service between 60 and 75 minutes. Both usually include a sermon of 10 to 20 minutes.
At the 9.00am service we use hymn and song books and Bibles are available on request.
At our 10.30am service all hymns and songs are projected on the screen. In addition there are hymn and song books in the seats and large print versions of the hymn and song words are available on request. The Bible readings are projected on the screen and Bibles are also available in the seats.
At the 9am and 10:30am services there is an induction loop system for use with a hearing aid.
After our 10.30am service we offer:
- Prayer Ministry in the downstairs Chapel. We have a team of dedicated Christians who are able to pray with you in confidence.
- Refreshments are served on the ground floor after our 10.30am service. Here you can meet our Church community in an informal setting.
- There is an Information Point where you can find out more about what goes on at High Cross and if you leave your name and address someone will make contact with you within a short while.
- If you wish to use the Multistory Carpark on Sunday mornings please speak to the office.